Thursday, March 4, 2010

Misc. things.

The ROOM! The room of things I will not use untll I have a house.

My brothers hate this room. Its my bed room at my dads packed to the rafters of boxes storage totes, furniture, etc. My brothers threatened to clean this room out on me at Christmas... It didnt go over so well. I need to start go through this old room and figure out what will be moved to the new house! What can stay at dads. What furniture, fixtures, clothing will be given away. This room will quite possiably take up a great % of my time untill closing.


Antiques at the barn and craft works.

This location is just down the road from Pats parents house. I stopped there yesterday and picked up soooooo MANY decorateing ideas! The look in the new house that were going for is modern country. Deep browns light browns green etc. With a ton of ORGINAL HARDWOOD! This will be really easy to acheive!

I'm going to start picking up accent peices to to match our new home!

Regarding furniture:

Were not purchasing new furniture right away. We have a newer older couch and chair. We want to live in the house for awhile and really feel how we want our living room set up!

Peices were thinking about purchasing:
Kitchen table and chairs.
Coffee table.
Library
Book case
Entertainment unit..

..... I have expensive tastes I wont lie all of this furniture will proablly be handcrafted wood.

Accent peices:

Peel and stick quotes.
I have a few ideas. I want these to go in the right spots with the right sayings. So we need to think about exactly what we want them to say.

Hellen Keller photo frame: Patrick thinks this frame should say I'm blind and deaf life sucks. But its much more touching. For the actual saying I need to go back to Bennetts and find it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment