Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grandparents day!!!

So today I went at my grandparents house. The basement had a lifetime of junk in it.

Lets face it most of it went in a dump cart. Who needs your 1974 tax return?? Or picked carrots from years gone by?

What I did find was some awesome things of my grandfathers... Papers, speeches, it goes on. My grandfather has always been an amazing public speakers serving on endless councils, federations, county council, OFAH. It just goes on.

I managed to find some of his speeches in my grandmothers handwriting!!! lol.

So with all my summer cleaning at thier house my aunts and I managed to shed a few tears, breath in waaay to much dust, find a HUGE store of mason jars... :) and have a trip down memory lane. We kept the copies of his speeches. I'm thinking a tattoo is in order this summer.

Something meaningfull I have yet to decide what it will say. But in my grandmothers handwriting of which I have a TON for Megan to use to make my tattoo!!!!


Also I did find a few things to add to my home some old photos :) Gifts I got back that I had given to them once upon a time. Maybe just maybe I can get the snowglobe in the basement if no one wants it??? Oh and a old bottle of scotch and a bottle of bacardi that my dad had stored there in some boxes... My fine collection of unopened bottles continues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment