Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Horriable No Good Very Bad Day.

Any babysitters club book readers out there? Or any babysitters little sister club readers? In the little sisters club books when Karen is having a bad day she is given a book! The horriable no good very bad day.

Well today My day started off amazing. Its tuesday my Friday I was looking forward to work zipping right by and starting my weekend off right. I received news that my friend went into labour and welcome her new son to the world. Congrats to Stacey and Eddie. It soon went downhill quickly from there. I worked my butt off today. I felt done wrong by some of my coworkers. For the sake of professionalism i'll leave it at that. Lets just say I cried.

Later on in the day I received word that the dragon boat team (that I blogged earlier about) was going to be selected by random draw. Lets say THIS BLOWS! BLOWS monkey chunks. I was all ready given a pledge sheet for the festival. To date I have currently raised 125$ in pledges. I'll be sending this in to the committee. But sadly I was not drawn out as a team member or as an alternate for the team. I believe in the cause so much! My grandmother passed away from cancer and this was my bit for her.

I'm not one to talk about my emotions but today was emotional for me. The end of my week I was tired I know. This just made everything worse. But I feel pretty sucky about the whole thing. If it was just something for I was doing for the heck of it I would be fine with it but quite frankly i'm not. I actually care!!! I actually CARE CARE CARE! I'm donating my time to the international festival to help serve dinner and the bar aswell as a city host! This quite frankly blows monkey chunks.

Last year I donated countless hours spent at work on my time off raising money standing at the door asking for pledges to our team! HOURS each day and on my days off after I was punched out! I was even given 2 dozen pink roses (think breast cancer) and a thank you letter for all my hardwork and dedication!

Anyway, Maybe the Hespano Suizza boat has room for me (they were looking for 8 paddlers!) So all tears and emotions aside now.

Head up, stop the pity party, i'm better then all that!

and as always,

PADDLES UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment