Monday, April 26, 2010

House warming hoedown..

We had such a good time!!!! Saturday couldant have been better!!! We had a great time Friday night, friends of ours were back in town a great backyard bbq! A perfect start to the weekend!

Saturday got off to a good start I worked in the morning and was out early at 10:00. I managed to get home showered, changed, the dog walked and ready to go and got a few candles lit and ready. We managed to get the tables, bar bbqs and everything ready!

It was truely wonderfull! We had such a good time! Dad and my brothers showed up and were a great help bbqing. My family showed up and was super excited to see the house! I think some of them maybe have been jealous :P

We had so many people! I was truly surpised that everyone came! My cousins who just got home from Greece even managed to make it, jetlagged and everything! My dad really surprised me with a chunk of cash to go towards our washer dryer!

I realized how truely blessed we are by my family. I ended up with a awesome assortment of gifts we never expected nor was the point of this bbq. Everyone chipped in on an awesome freezer that everyone brought some meat and filled part of it! Gift cards were great!!! Some awesome houseplants and hanging baskets! A Co2 detector! My aunt brought us a bunch of flowers she took out of her big flower beds. one plant is actually something my great gran first planted and was given to her when she moved out. An awesome berry bush, seed bags full of soil and old manure ready to start working my flower beds!!! I'm super excited to get started on them!!! Patrick and I were also given (on Thursday) an AWESOME quilt from my aunt! Its my second quilt from her! Its stunning! Completely matching our bedroom colors!

I'm glad she gave us the quilt before the housewarming as I cried and she knew I would. It was nice to have it displayed on the bed for everyone to see!!!

Anyway It was a day we feel truly blessed. Now to get thank you cards and send them out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment