Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas planning.

So I went through my hiding spot upstairs of things I have purchased for gifts for christmas. I then sat down and made a list of things still to buy. I though I was doing pretty good but I managed to somehow forget about a few things I still have to get for my family christmas. (We draw names).


My mother once told me when you buy a house have a spot or a closet that you can put things in for gifts. AKA if you find something cheap for a wedding gift, baby shower etc sock in away in a hiding spot till you need it. Well so far i'm doing pretty good at it. I managed to pick up 5 wolfgang puck cast iron lasagna deep dishes for 4.97 each. Plus 2 woks for 6.97 each. I also managed to get a 3 dish serving set for 11.97 and a green serving platter and big bowl for 8.97. A baby blanket for 3.97. I know i'm tieing up a few dollars earlier rather then later but i'm not paying 35$ for those same pans when I need a gift. That has been a few months of looking for deals and scoping things out.

I decided i'm keeping a wok, the 3 dish serving set and the green bowl and platter. I plan on useing these on christmas eve, when we have our big dinner with everyone here.

I made a last minute vacation request for after christmas. I'm hopeing it gets approved. If it does i'll be off for about a week and a half after christmas!

Anyway thats all I really have for now! Enjoy the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment