Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Norwood Fair weekend!

WOW what a great weekend!!! A full 5 days full of work to get this massive event pulled off!!! SO much happened this weekend I feel that I grew in terms of being a person and that I truely tried to go the extra mile in the last 5 days. I was even going back today but as I drive a half hour to get there the other directors put the stop on that one.

So some of my favorite memories of the weekend! Accepting kids entires prior to judging. Being pulled around by kids I had no idea who they were to go and see thier ribbons. SUPER FUN. Watching the tractor pull with my dad. Standing in line and watching the horse draw while waiting to order the best food ever. Flying around the grounds in a golf cart with my uncle so much fun! Whomever had that idea to get golf carts for the directors was smart after all weekend of running around those golf carts saved my butt!! Pre 4H cattle show! Every year its fantastic. Steer show and sale with my family.

Least favorite memories from the weekend. Being stuck in stop and go traffic twice this weekend. Starting the weekend off with a wake and funeral. Having on way too many layers and taking my sweater to the car and losing the car in a field full of cars. Walking with the beeper trying to set off the alarm to find the car. Then falling in a giant pothole in the middle of the field. It was huge and how I missed seeing it I dont know. My ankle actually hurt for awhile and I was mad at myself for being a country girl and not seeing where my feet where going mistake #1.


Well there is now another year of planning coming up. I now have a huge list of things to do leading up to next year. To make the school fair bigger and better! I'm excited and excited for the changes coming to next years ambassador contest!

Deep fried turkey was fantastic this weekend. MMMM. This was the first year we have ever had a thanksgiving dinner in my family. we have never done this before as we are all too busy at the fair. This year dad deep fried 2 turkeys! It wasant a real dinner it was a turkey sandwich and all the fixings laid out on the counter or in the fridge eat when you get there! Its hard to time a dinner with the fair, other dinners and chores in a farming family. Dinner started at 4pm and went untill 10 that night lol.

I managed to get a few cute items and christmas tree ornaments for the house this weekend! Patrick told me I have to stop buying this stuff but its super cute! Plus its the same colors and fits with our country decor!

All things aside it was a very good weekend! I felt myself growing closer to my aunts and uncles this weekend.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome Norwood Fair!!! Congrats on helping to make the fair as successful as it was. We couldn't have asked for better weather and better attendance!

    Just wondering- what changes are happening to the Ambassador contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year is the 40th anniv. Were looking forward to celebrating that if everyone is on board. Plus some new changes to be revealed to the girls! Nothing is in stone yet.

    ReplyDelete