Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tonight

Well tonight I had a brush of excitment.

I had a knock at the door. The dog was upstairs and didnt come down barking like normal. I opened the inside door and talked to the gentlemen through the screen.

Has anyone heard of the scam going on about hot water tanks door to door. If not long story short these people get into your house look at your hot water tank while pretending to be with your current provider. But they arent they are actually with the competition. After scamming you into signing with them they leave and your signed into a 5 yr contract. Or they come back and rob you blind after caseing your house.

SOOOOO I explained to the guy that I didnt feel comfortable having him come into the house with no one else home. He then actually opened the screen door and tried to get into the living room... I held my ground. I was quite impressed at myself. Anyway after me trying to get his name and telephone number or a business card he finally left. So I stepped back from the door waiting to see which direction he went I didnt see him walkdown the driveway. I opened the door to see if he had walked across my neighbours lawn to his driveway but no! ...... He was standing at the corner of the house where I couldant see him! I'm wondering if he was caseing the place and looked in our back windows or in the back yard. I felt really uncomfortable and called the police immediately.

So that phone call to the Peterborough Police didnt go so well. I was told that it was shift change time which I get but there was not an officer advaiable to come out and find this guy walking around and check his information or stop by my house or something.

So tonight world I will be sleeping with a louisville slugger under the bed... No guns or pots and pans for this girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment