Sunday, November 14, 2010

Capital One Blunder

Has anyone ever been so completly frustrated by outside marketing that they lost it ? Well I did the other day.

This post is kinda delayed but you can see in the end how it played out.
Also a warning. Be aware of CAPS. I'm a bit angry writing this post.


So a few week ago Pat and I received Capital 1 credit card applications in the mail along with one for both the people that had lived there before... Big marketing!

Then a week later we started to receive to each receive a telephone call a day each for 3 days. Each day we asked to be taken off the calling list. By the 6th call total from Capital 1. I snapped. She told me it would take 30 days to be removed from thier calling base. So I had the potential to receive 60 telephone calls from this company during the marketing blitz. This didnt sit well at all with me.

While talking to the agent during the call I found out that I actually had to call into capital 1 on a special hotline to be removed from the calling list. Something the other 5 times I had asked to be removed from the list had failed to mention. Katelyn became angry.

I called into this special hotline and talked to an agent. I asked to be immediately transfered to a supervisor. This was done. I gave this supervisor my name address and telephone number to be removed from the mailing and telephone list. I however wanted to take it one step further.

Why do I have to be harrased during this marketing blitz by a multi billion dollar corp that I have absolutely no ties too. I have NEVER ever had a a credit card with then. Nor do I ever plan too. EVER. I mean full out 60 telephone calls in 30 days harrasment. ANGRY KATE.

So I wont lie I flew off the handle to a manager. Completely. I may have fudged the truth a lot but it was worth it in the end. I explained to this manager that I worked shift work. 12 midnight to 12 am. I never saw my husband and cooked for us by a crock pot. All I wanted to know was why this super company needed 30 days to take me out of thier system ??? WHY ???? A store can run an EOD end of day. Updateing all sales information, and gathered information such as this.

The supervisor then continued to say that the system they had in place was multiple systems and some only updated yada yada yada yada yada. Nothing of real importance. THEN I explained that I was a police offier after I had the supervisor name and employee number and that I would personally charge her and the company with harrasemnt should they contact me after this Monday November 15th. Since last week I had no telephone calls after this telephone call.

So I lied. But I was angry and you can charge them with harrasment. Anyway I havant heard anything from them and I think it was well worth the 45 mins on the phone.

If anyone else is struggling with this corporation tell them to stick it where the sun done shine... I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment